Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Fox, The Crow, & The Cookie

I deleted this blog for awhile. Not because I didn't want to use it. I just wasn't. Lately I have been wondering why. Why not blog? The more I thought about it the more I realized that I should. Most of you guys know that I end up writing "Mega Novels" in my emails or letters. I think this is mostly because I am not good at shortening what I have to say, or figuring out how to say things effectively in a short manner. My conclusion is this. I like to think I am a pretty open, and honest person about myself. At this point I think I am going to bring my blog back, send you guys the link, and just enjoy writing. If it gets read great, and if not then at least I know I didn't bombard you all with a ton of emails! :D I also deleted all my old posts, I need a fresh start. And so it begins.

Where am I now? Well, reminiscing over something Kira wrote in a paper for school that I had helped her with. This is the end of the essay.

"As things slowed down at about four in the morning, everyone fell asleep around me. I realized that the night would soon be over, but in a sense the posse too. It had flown by so fast, I could have blinked and I would have missed it. It was hard to believe then, four of us squeezed together in the little car; we were so close, inseparable, right? What was going to happen to each of us? Because inevitably we are all going to grow-up and things will change. All the stuff that we have done together, just being the stupid teenagers that we are, would we even remember any of this night or even all the endless time together? I know that we are all going to move on and continue our lives, but even as it is happening I want to grab it and slow it down. I wondered as the others slept if they even realize that this little piece of heaven that we have made for each other is not going to last..."

"...After all this great adventure, I have decided that what ever happens to us will happen. It is weird though how when I am around them things are timeless, you get so lost in whatever we are doing, that unless you take a step back you will forget that it will not always be like this. That night was one of the times that I realized that, I would miss these kids when they finally grow-up."

I try to read that at least once a year. I keep a copy of that Soulfest essay in my hopechest. Where are we now? Where am I now? YIKES! Not where I ever thought I would be that is for sure. Kira is in Arizona which means I am 2,733 miles from one of my closest, and most dear friends, my sanity really. Derek is getting ready to leave for the air force, and Jon is working, creating videos, and working on musical things. I am sitting here writing this. Ready to leave for work, and thinking about what the next few months are going to bring. Turning 21, moving out of my house in with my dear friend Sarah, working, being content living life as a single person. How did it get to this? How did we go from 16 year olds loving life, and loving each other, to adults loving life, loving each other, yet never getting to see each other? Being adult? Being responsible for anything and everything? It seems like a huge responsibility, and it is. However, I still think I am on the boarder of who I was, who I am, and who I am becoming. I am content where I am at. Not complaining in the least. Excited for what God is doing? Most definitely! I didn't realize then that the friendships I had, and have now would take so much balance, and work to keep up. I am definitely up for that challenge now, yet I have only begun to figure out how it works.

Listening to the new Anberlin CD: Dark is the way, Light is the place. It is pretty good thus far, but I still like the old school stuff better right now. It'll grow on me. Check it out if you get the chance though.

Have I mentioned I miss Houghton? YUPPERS! I do. A lot. I had a wonderful skype date with Bethany (my roommate) last night. It was good to catch up! Now just to skype every other person on campus and I think I should be all set for a week or so. My next planned visit is October 22nd-24th so I'm pumped!

0 kisses: