Friday, October 1, 2010

You've poisoned me for the last time, you wretched girl! - Dr. Finkelstein

As most of you know I have a slight obsession with all things Tim Burton. More so his animation projects like Nightmare Before Christmas/Corpse Bride. He's genious. All that to say that most people don't realize he's got smaller projects out there too that are just as awesome! They are his shorts. These are the things that make me excited when talking about him. It was so nice before the new generation got into this new Nightmare before Christmas faze! Now, while I am excited that other people like Nightmare before Christmas, I do not like how over rated its now become. It is unappreciated as an art. It is loved now because it is a great "emo" movie for "emo" kids to watch, and perfect as a setting to dress "emo"... Yes I am stereotyping now. I used to be one of those kids. However, I am talking about really appreciating Tim Burton as an artist, not just being part of the "in" crowd.

Anywho all this excitement is stemming because I finally just watched 9 (the movie is already about a year old and didn't get a lot of mention). This is a movie that he PRODUCED (there is a big difference between, producing vs directing fyi)... His produced movies hold so much more Tim Burton essence which makes me happy. A lot of his original drawings were used to create characters for the movie, which I was excited to see. Anywho enough about this. I'm not really into blogging reviews or thoughts on movies and that whole rotton tomatos deal, but the only thing that excites me about Halloween really is an excuse to carve a pumpkin into Jack Skellington. He is the Pumpkin King after all :D I don't know. This time of year makes me go a little Tim Burton crazy. So I've decided to share with you all one of his first original animation shorts. Vincent Malloy :)




OH OH OH - Just as a sidenote. My car is fixed! WOOHOO! The o2 sensor blew through my muffler and that is why my muffler was broken as well... So SWEET... Killed 2 birds with one stone and now my car is as silent as can be :)

0 kisses: